* Why Have A Website?
* Why Build A Website?
* Building a Better Brick And Mortar Business With the Web
* Website Design and Choosing Right Web Design Company
* Four Critical Web Design Rules
* 7 Steps to Set Your Website on Fast Track to Sucess
* 5 Reasons Headlines Crucial to a Websites Sucess
* Top 5 Reasons for a Website Redesign
* Website Redesign- Top 10 Tips
* Maintaining Your Company's Website
* Driving Traffic To Your Website
* Get Web Presence and Reach the Global Market
* Use Great Ideas for Successful Internet Marketing
* Launch Home-Based Retail Business
* Learning About Internet Marketing
* Make Video To Market Business Online
* How To Find Products To Sell Online
* Online Advertising is Very Effective for Small Businesses
EbizIsEZ.com Copyright © 2008 - 2014
a division of melrose bay
7 Steps to Set Your Website on the Fast Track to Success
By: Paul Wilson
To get on the fast track to success one needs to:
• Employ a design with user in mind. Never use heavy images, 10-12Kb per image will ensure that pages are not slow. Use graphics that enhance content. Avoid images that change color or blink. Use standard layouts that are reader friendly, the page should breathe and font size must be comfortable. Use a few fonts: serif for headlines and sans serif for text. Limit the number of advertisements, banners, and links on a page. Be sure to test your website using multiple browsers.
• Select a directory with vision. Read all the submission requirements and guidelines more than once. Choose a category with thought and planning (browse the directory, look for listings of competitors, and related sites). Review your website from an editor's point of view. Ensure that the title and summary are appropriate and relevant to the content of the web site. List the strengths of your site realistically; be sure to add value to your site,
• Increase traffic by submitting the site to web directories. Choose to submit to major ones as well as minor ones, even a few relevant niche sites will boost your popularity and traffic.
• Link your site to others. Search engines give higher positions to sites linked from others. Link the website to major sites as well as minor ones. Contact high traffic sites and request a mention or link. This will boost your engine placement and direct traffic from the pages that are linked.
• Optimize the PageRank of your website by choosing inbound external links with care. Link up to relevant sites and not at random, quality is the criteria to consider not PageRank. List the website in an open directory and Yahoo as this will provide an artificial enhancement of PageRank. Never place external links on pages that are in turn linked to other sites. External links should be offered on pages with low PageRank containing many links to pages on your site. Construct your navigational structure such that important pages are linked to many other internal pages that do not require a high rank. These extra links will add rank to the major pages.
• Create a site map and link every page to it. These invite spiders sent out by search engines which then index every page on the site. Adopt an easy-to-use navigational structure. Check for errors regularly. Include a site search tool. Be search engine friendly and avoid frames, flash, or code that will trip up a spider or engine.
It is not submitting to a directory that ensures success but taking care of the nitty gritty.
Paul Wilson is a freelance writer for com www.1866WebDirectory, the premier website directory provides human edited categorized website listings including business websites, news websites, gaming websites, shopping websites, travel websites and more. He also freelances for www.1888PressRelease.com.
Article Source: http://www.ArticleGeek.com - Free Website Content